Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Halter Top- American Girl Dolls

You can't run out of cute summer clothing ideas for dolls. ;-) Heres a quick and easy halter top.

Ch 32.
Row 1: Hdc in each ch across. turn, ch 1
Row 2-9: Hdc in each dc across. ch 1 and turn at the end of each row.
Row 8: slip stitch in first 9 hdc. In 9th hdc, work 1 hdc. Hdc in the next 13 hdc. Do not go to the end of the row. Turn and ch 1.
Row 9-11: hdc in each hdc. ch 1 and turn at the end of each row.
Row 12: sc in each hdc across. Fasten off.

For straps: ch 46. Fasten off and securely knot both ends. Weave strap through the two center hdc in top row of halter top.
And there you have it! Lovely halter top thats both cute and summery. Vannah is my model.





Please remember that this is my pattern. Do not sell this pattern or reproduce it in any way, shape, or form. This is a free pattern. If you would like to share it, please do not copy and paste the pattern, but instead share the link to this page. All items made from this pattern are not to be sold under any circumstances, and are for personal use or charity only.

Thank you!

10 comments:

  1. What size hook did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for this pattern! This can become adapted into a dress if you make it longer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used a G 4.25 MM hook for this pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used a 4.25 hook and it worked fine. The halter top is so cute I wish I had one for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow so cute so how many yards did you use a did you use worsted weight yarn

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is adorable. I am working on one now, and I know this sounds dumb, but how do you keep the back closed on the halter. It doesn't say to join. I was going to use some velcro.

    Thank You,
    Irene Williams
    iwfama@frontier.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Are you crocheting in the round? How do you make the back of this top? My daughter and I are following your directions, but we're only making a rectangle. Do you sew the sides together at the end? Thanks for any help.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i know for a fact that the yarn is red heart super saver in banana berry...got it myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ch 32 way too small for AG doll!

    ReplyDelete