Search This Blog

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Absolutely Dolling

I stumbled upon a website the other day called "Absolutely Dolling". Once I had clicked, I found I couldn't tear my eyes away. The gowns shown in the pictures above, are only a few of the stunning historical fashion gowns crocheted by Diane Farmer. Diane has been crocheting since she was 8. She spent some time as a hospice nurse for several patients who were doll collecters, and she started collecting dolls herself. Now she makes amazingly detailed and intricate doll fashion from historical time periods such as the Old South, the Victorian and Edwardian eras, and 18th century Europe. Each gown is so intricate, so detailed, and so realistic, I cannot even imagine the hard work and skill it took to make them, plus the keen understanding of what fashion was like in these specific time periods. That, ladies and gentleman, is what I call the fine art of crochet! To learn more, visit her website at http://www.absolutelydolling.com/

What do you think? Please comment!

1 comment:

  1. Those gowns are _totally_ gorgeous! I'm rather fond of making (human-sized!) gowns myself, so teeny tiny crocheted ones like this are simply fascinating. :)

    ReplyDelete