Search This Blog

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Making Time For Crochet

I am here to make an announcement: there are only 24 hours in a day! And most of the time, it seems like hardly enough. There are so many things to be done, and when the day comes to a close, it seems like there is so little time left to just relax and crochet. So how do you make time for crochet, when life is just a hectic mess?

1. Take it along! Because of my busy schedule, I must spend half my time in the car, waiting in line, or just waiting in general. This is when I get a lot of my crocheting done. Its said that the average American spends 3 years of his or her life waiting in line. That's an extra three years of your life to crochet!

2. The extreme hours! Are you a night owl who can never sleep at night, or an early bird who likes to get up early? Either way, use a few minutes from your earliest or latest hours to work on your latest project. I like to crochet at night. That's when I am most awake, and when I am most in the mood to whiz up something snazzy!

3. Schedule it!  Life is hectic. Yes, you have a billion things to do, but resting is almost just as important as getting the work done. You are actually more efficient with your work when you take time to rest too! Schedule a small piece of your day to just sit in the rocking chair on the porch and crochet. Sometimes I like to listen to music while I work, or I'll keep my hands busy when watching a movie. Its a great way to rest your mind and exercise your hands!

What do you think? What are some of the ways you make time for crochet? Please comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment