Want to see what I mean? Follow these easy steps to making your own storage container.
You will need:
-a plastic container that will fit your ball of yarn (I like to use old yogurt containers)
1. Start with a clean plastic container of your choice that will fit your skein of yarn. I find that old yogurt containers work very well for this.
2. Remove the lid. With your scissors, cut out a circle (with about 1/2 inch in diameter) in the center of the lid.
3. Place your center-pull skein in the container, with the center pull facing up.
4. Draw the yarn through the hole in the center of the lid, and secure the lid shut.
5. Make one for all your center-pull skeins, and you have your own, user-friendly yarn separators in which to store your yarn. These are especially great for traveling with a project that requires lots of color changes.
This is super easy to do! And now that you know how, you'll be wanting to make one for all of your center-pull skeins.
Any questions? Please comment!